Friday, October 11, 2013

Humber OCMC: The Challenge



When I first signed up for the Humber OCMC I understood it was going to be a challenge. In order to succeed in this competition, I knew I was going to have to put in a lot of time, effort, and commitment in order to stand a chance at the competition.

I remember when Nicholas and I completed our first case during the summer with adviser Sheryn Beattie, it was a grueling experience. We only had an hour to complete practice case. We managed to finish with only a minute to spare. I must say, that was one of the most stressful challenges in my life.

Being part of the Humber OCMC is an experience I will not soon forget. The best experience is working as a team with a mentor guiding us through the preparation phase. OCMC has provided us with the greatest opportunity to better our presenting skills with personal feedback from Christine McCaw. We had the opportunity to have Susan Typert from Black Cat come and speak to us. She is an excellent speaker and gave some advice on how to make an excellent presentation. Lastly, by being part of the OCMC we were invited to attend the IAB MIXX event and gained an enormous amount of knowledge about current Internet marketing trends.

The best part about OCMC is that this journey has just begun. I’m excited to see what the future holds for all of us. Whatever it is, I’m sure it will bring us closer to doing very well at the competition.

HUMBER OCMC FOR THE WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment